Are There Natural Ways To Treat High Blood Pressure?
High blood pressure refers to a situation where blood starts exerting pressure against the walls of arteries, veins and also the chambers of the heart. Over a specified time period, this heavy rush of blood starts damaging the lining of the blood vessels. It can also lead to arteriosclerosis, meaning hardening of the arteries.
Symptoms of high blood pressure
High blood pressure symptoms are often acute in human beings. They include:
- sudden dizziness
- flushed faces
- severe headaches
- difficult breathing
- nose bleeding
- intestinal complaints
- short temper
- emotional instability
The diagnosis of high blood pressure is done when the normal pressure tends to repeatedly rise. The other physical symptoms of high blood pressure includes constant tendency to urinate, decrease in eye vision and muscle weakness.
Conventional medicine offers a group of drugs known as angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. These drugs can cause:
- Skin swelling (including the tongue)
- Dizziness These drugs are used to relax blood vessels, which can also be accomplished with nitric oxide boosting supplements. Usually a combination of amino acids such as L-arginine and L-citrulline. The research around this won a Nobel Prize in 1998. These amino acids are extremely effective at lowering blood pressure with liittle to no side effects for normal use.
Overdosing on L-Arginine can cause problems such as :
- Heart Palpitations
It is not recommended if you have herpes, it will likely cause more frequent outbreaks.
For 2500- possibly 7000 years, Acupuncture has been used for treating common health conditions. Even conventional medicine has realized and is using it as a unique treatment for reducing high blood pressure. In fact, The University of California has been researching this topic with really cool findings.
We interviewed Louis Pontillo who uses acupuncture to help athletes overcome injury. Check out the interview here:
What Are Electro-acupuncture Treatments
Acupuncture combined with electric stimulation or electro-acupuncture can lower elevations of blood pressure. When the research was conducted for the first time, acupuncture needles were inserted on the inside of the forearm just above the wrist, but to no avail. Researchers then started adding electric stimulation to the needles, which means that electric would start flowing from the needles to the body. While high frequency of stimulation had no effect, low frequencies of electro stimulation reduced blood pressure effectively.
A thorough research on acupuncture shows that the inserted needles excites brain cells, causing them to release neurotransmitters that always heighten the heart’s activities. To cure high blood pressure, acupuncture inserts needles on certain points on the wrist, forearm or leg, to excite the opioid chemicals in the brain and reduce excitatory responses of the cardiovascular systems. This eventual decrease in heart activity and need for oxygen can lower blood pressure to a great extent. It also promotes in the healing of other heart-related conditions like myocardial ischemia and hypertension.
Other herbal treatments to reduce high blood pressure
While you are undergoing acupuncture treatments for curing high blood pressure, you can also use herbs.
- Tian Ma (Gastrodia Rhizome)- improves blood flow to the brain and protects the heart,,
- Xia Ku Cao (Prunella) is a cooling herb that helps lower blood pressure .I would use this short term but not if you have rheumatic diseases or gastrointestinal challenges
- Shan Zha is also effective to reduce high blood pressure. I recommend finding a Practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine for effective use of these herbs and to try acupuncture for yourself.
Some other “cooling” foods include:
- Green apples,
- Mung beans
Acupressure is something you can learn to do at home, here’s an example ,also helpful as a natural treatment for high blood pressure:
- Press of the skin on the back of your hand in between the thumb and index finger.
- Hold For about 20 seconds.
- Repeat 3-4 times a day.
At Revisithealthcare.com, we believe that healthcare should be “open sourced”- meaning there is no billion dollar patent required for your health and well-being.
Nature and history provide the tools and technologies which have been proven by time. Science would prove it also, if only our mainstream healthcare system would invest in the science for this “open sourced” solution.
We hope these tips are useful for you and help you to take responsibility for your own health by discovering here are many ways to conduct your own healthcare system at home. After all, most Doctors will agree that healthcare really is what you do every day, not an appointment on the calendar.
Thanks for reading!
Get Pain Relief Without Dangerous Drugs
- Learn How 15 Minutes a Day Can Free You From Chronic Pain ,
- Discover The Secrets Used For Centuries To Manage Chronic Disease.
- Take Control Of Your Health and Astonish Your Doctor With Real Progress.